Road information
If you would like to report a pothole or have questions for the Livingston County Road Commission, please send an e-mail to mail@livingstonroads.org   We encourage you to ask for a response.

Marion Township Outdoor Warning Sirens
Outdoor warning sirens are tested at noon on the first Saturdays of April through October.
Sirens are located at County Farm south of Sexton Road and on D-19 south of Triangle Lake Road.
They are projected to be heard for a one mile radius.

Howell Area Fire Authority -   Website
The Fire Department would like to assist any Resident who may need help in changing the batteries in their smoke detector and checking it to be sure it is operational. If you are in need of a working smoke detector in your home, they will provide you with a free one. Please call them at 517-546-0560 or email @ firemarshal@howellfire.net   
Smoke detector program           fire hydrant.pdf

Marion Township Informational Charter Cable channel is 191

Veterans Did you know?

A Veterans Transportation Service is now established in Livingston County. This service provides convenient and courteous transportation for Veterans living in Livingston County to the VA Ann Arbor Healthcare System on Fuller Road in Ann Arbor. Veterans interested in this service must call for a reservation at (800) 361-8387. There is no cost to ride the shuttle with transportation departing from the VG's in Howell and Meijer Stores located in Hartland, Howell and Brighton.
Federal Benefit Payments
Social Security and Veterans Affairs payments are making changes, US Department of the Treasury will pay all federal benefit and non-tax payments electronically. Benefit recipients can choose to receive their payments by direct deposit to a bank or credit union or to a Direct Express Debit MasterCard card account.    www.GoDirect.org
Livingston County Press - Green Sheet,
If you would like to
opt out of delivery,  please call them at  888-840-4809 . If the driver continues delivering the paper, please call again.  The paper will be picked up and the driver fined.  Drivers have been instructed not to leave a paper if there are papers laying in the driveway.
Miss Dig Dial 811 to reach Miss Dig for any project you may need flagged.
DTE Energy
Power outages can be reported by calling @ 800-477-4747 or on their website, www.dteenergy.com
DTE Meter Program

DTE is installing advanced utility meters with transmitting digital meters. There is  an approved DTE opt-out program. If you choose to participate in that program you must meet the following requirements: be a residential customer, be the customer of record at the indicated site address and agree to pay the following fees: $67.20 AMI Opt-out initial fee, $9.80 AMI Opt-out monthly charge. These fees will be assessed for each site address participating in the Opt-Out Program.
Storm Tips
The following are tips from Consumers Energy. Before a storm arrives have a portable radio, flashlights and fresh batteries handy. Learn how to turn your electricity on and off at the circuit box. During a thunderstorm or tornado unplug or turn off all unnecessary appliances. Stay away from windows, doors or porches. Don't shower or bathe. If your home loses power, first check for a blown fuse or a tripped circuit breaker. Watch for fallen wires, broken utility poles or tree limbs on a power line. To report an outage or downed wire, please call 1-800-477-5050. For more tips you can check out the Consumers Energy website @ consumersenergy.com 
Cable Problems
If you have complaints about your Cable TV and have been unable to resolve your complaint, the Michigan Public Service Commission will assist you in resolving your issue. The phone # is 800-292-9555, fax # 517- 241-2400. 
The website is
www.michigan.gov/mpsc, click on the video/cable button for information. 

Their address is: Michigan Public Service Commission
                                  Attention: Video Franchising
                                   6545 Mercantile Way
                                    Lansing, Michigan 48909
If you would like to contact us about issues you are having, please email publicworks@mariontownship.com

Charter Communications Website - Charter.com   Charter Service Phone number is 888-438-2427
MHOG Utility Bill Payment
Marion Township Residents may pay their sewer and water bill online by using the link below to access the MHOG utility billing site. Master Card and Visa are the credit cards that are accepted for payment  https://mhog.org/payonline

Water emergency, call 1-888-481-0439. This line is manned by a live operator.
Sewer emergency call 546-7510, weekdays 8am - 4pm. After hours/weekends call 911.

Notary Services -
Marion Township offers free notary services to the residents during business hours.
Marion Township Library

Marion Township's library offers books, puzzles, videos and a
variety of magazines. Come in and check it out;
no charge and no need to return the items to us. There are also pamphlets for County area agencies.
Howell Carnegie Library -    www.howelllibrary.org 
LETS - is a service that transports Livingston County Residents.
Livingston County United Way -
Pledge forms are available at the Marion Township offices for the Livingston County United Way.
If you have questions you may contact the United Way @ 810-494-3000, their address is 2980 Dorr Road in Brighton.

Oakland Livingston Human Service Agency
The information and referral call center for Livingston County health, human and community service needs.
Weatherization Works - Free Assistance Program
This program serves income eligible families free of charge. Program includes home energy audits, wall & attic insulation, ventilation, furnace repair or replacement and other energy savings measures. If you're interested, contact OLHSA Housing & Energy Dept, phone numbers are 248-209-2760 or 517-546-8500.  

Medicare Questions, Livingston County has Answers!
MMAP (Michigan Medicare/Medicaid Assistance Program) provided through AAA 1-B
The phone number is 800-803-7174 or for AAA 1-B 800-852-7795.
Services include: Information on your Medicare choices, plan comparisons to estimate your costs prior for your plan, programs to reduce the cost of your health care, information and assistance with Medicare billing issues.
Brick Pavers
Brick pavers are available for purchase, they are installed around the gazebo.
Click on the link if you would like to purchase a brick 
Order Form        
Purchased Bricks
Township Park #1 - Fred Brown Park
Park #1 is located on Triangle Lake Road, just south of Coon Lake Road. Park includes children's play equipment, baseball diamond, picnic table and walking trail. 
Township Park #2 - Jack Lowe Memorial Park
Park#2 is located on the Township property just west of the Township Hall. There is a playgroung equipment, disc golf course and gazebo with picnic tables for your enjoyment. The Township is selling engraved brick pavers to be placed around the gazebo.
Livingston County Community Alliance
The Alliance has placed "big red barrels" at 2 locations for proper Prescription disposal. The 2 locations are: Livingston County Jail, 150 S Highlander Way, Howell and Michigan State Police Post, 4803 Old US-23, Brighton (Monday - Friday, 8am - 4pm). Funding for this project is provided by Washtenaw Community Health Org. Department of Community Health and Bureau of Substance Abuse & Addiction. Additional information is available at www.neversaynevermi.com
Eagle Release Video
Be A Tree - Peaceable Paws LLC
Suggestions on how to react if you encounter an aggressive animal.     BeATree.pdf
Rain Garden
The rain garden is located adjacent to the parking lot at the Township Hall. The plants in a rain garden help to purify the water and slow the water flow. Stop by when you have a chance, it's a great example of what homeowners can add to their own yards to help with drainage and water runoff.

We collect household batteries, used cell phones for LACASA and eyeglasses for the Lions. The collection place for these items is located in the lobby between the two double doors at the Township Hall. 
Alchin's Disposal is now offering on site dumping and recycling, Mon - Thurs,11:00 am - 4:00 pm. 
Their Phone number is 223-7119, website is

Recycle Livingston - website
Livingston Recycle has added free electronics recycling for members. Nonmembers will be able to recycle electronics with the  $3 gate fee. For further information, please call them at 1-517-548-4439 or email recycleliv@sbcglobal.net

Recycling services are available to Residents from Recycle Livingston. Annual membership fee is $27 per household or $22 for those 62 & older. Hours of operation are Saturdays 9am - 1pm and Wednesdays 11am - 5:30pm. Membership applications are available by visiting the recycling center during business hours. They are located at 170 Catrell, Howell.
Business memberships are available, call 517-548-4439. 
DEQ Information on Fracking